Both Thad Cochran and Chris McDaniel, who are Republicans who want to be one of Mississippi’s Senators for the next 6 years feature anti-ObamaCare rhetoric in their campaign ads. Based on that you can be sure that regular Mississippi Republicans don’t know that
- No longer can previous illness or risk for future illness prevent an individual from obtaining health insurance.
- Lifetime limits on essential medical expenses are eliminated;
- Insurers are prohibited from dropping your coverage or raising your premiums if you get sick
- Insurance companies that fail to spend at least 80 percent of premiums on health care must refund the difference to consumers
- Women can no longer be charged more than men for individual coverage
- Seniors get prescription drug help through the closing of the doughnut hole over the next 10 years
- Insurance plans will have to offer preventive care at no out-of-pocket costs
So why don’t everyday Mississippi Republicans know these things? Because Fox News didn’t tell them and although they live in a Red state, figuratively, for you Matrix fans, they have chosen the blue pill. The shame is that many people who vote Republican and receive government assistance and Mississippi is full of them, don’t know that the people for whom they vote see them as bugs who will come out of the woodwork when they see that they have access to healthcare.